It is a 54 cm “trombone” made in Epirus. It bears the initials of Lord Byron GGB (George Gordon Byron) and ornate silver and gold carvings. This weapon (along with many other personal items of Lord Byron, most of which belong to the SHP collection), was transported to the USA by the great American Philhellene Dr. Samuel Howe in 1828. He presented these items to the public, at events in many USA States, where fundraisers were held in favor of the Greeks. The decoration of weapons was a priority for the fighters in Greece, who could be deprived even of basic things for months to pay for it.